The size of your monument depends on the section of the cemetery where your plot is located. Check with your funeral director or with the cemetery office for the size parameters of the monument you wish to have on the plot. No tree planting is permitted on plots. You may donate a tree to plant on the cemetery grounds if you wish.
Perennials may no longer be planted on plots. Existing perennials on individual plots must not exceed forty inches in height, and should not encroach on surrounding plots. Annuals may be planted in a mulched bed in front of your marker extending no more than sixteen inches in front of the monument and should not encroach on surrounding plots.
The plot holder or their families must maintain all plantings planted on individualized plots. If you have any questions concerning these or any other Cemetery policies, please contact the cemetery administrator at 302-652-5770.
Wilmington Brandywine Cemetery works with a number of reputable monument makers who can help you to discuss, design, build and put in place an appropriate monument commemorating your loved one. You may choose any monument company you would like. They must reach out to the cemetery and provide an application as well as a drawing with dimensions of the stone.
- Chandler Memorials – Wilmington, DE 19803 – 302-478-7100
Bill Turner (cell) 302-740-0077
- Cecil Vault & Memorial Company – Wilmington, DE 19808 – 302-994-3806
Connie or Dan Cecil
- Chardy Memorials – Kennett Square, PA 19348 – 610-444-3440
Prissy or Ken Roberts
- Pauley Memorials – Wilmington, DE 19805 – 302-658-7002
- Sartin Memorials – Bear, DE – 302-838-1514
- Sipple Monuments – Milford, DE 19963 – 888-671-6721