1853 – 1948
Mrs. Warner was a local activist who was very influential in starting educational and social initiatives. She was known as a woman who championed education in Delaware. She helped organize the New Century Club and was chair person of the education committee, she worked to fund the Women’s College which is now the University of Delaware, Warner Hall was named after her. She became the first woman on the Board of Trustees of UD in 1927 and served until her death. She was president of the Delaware Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals for 21 years. She helped found the Children & Families First Charity, the State Federation of Women’s Clubs and Delaware Branch of the League of Women Voters and was president in 1924. The Warner Junior High School in Wilmington is named in her honor.